Lil Nas X Reportedly Arrested, Hospitalized After Possible Overdose While Roaming L.A. Streets in Underwear

A spokesperson for the LAPD confirms that a male suspect was arrested for battery on a peace officer

Lil Nas X attends the 36th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at The Beverly Hilton on March 27, 2025 in Beverly Hills, California.

Lil Nas X attends the 36th Annual GLAAD Media Awards at The Beverly Hilton on March 27, 2025 in Beverly Hills, California. Credit :Jon Kopaloff/Getty

NEED TO KNOW

Lil Nas X, the Grammy-nominated rapper and singer best known for his chart-topping hit “Old Town Road,” has reportedly been arrested in Los Angeles following a bizarre early-morning incident that drew a strong police response.

According to the Los Angeles Police Department, officers were called to Ventura Boulevard shortly before 6 a.m. on Thursday, August 21, after receiving multiple reports of a man “nude in the street.” When officers arrived, they encountered a suspect who allegedly resisted and went on to assault an officer. “The suspect battered an officer, so he was booked for battery on a peace officer,” an LAPD spokesperson told PEOPLE.

The suspect was transported to a nearby hospital for treatment. Police confirmed that once he is released, he will formally go through the booking process. While authorities did not publicly identify the individual, TMZ reported that the man in question was 26-year-old musician Lil Nas X, born Montero Hill. The outlet also released photos appearing to show the rapper wandering Ventura Boulevard around 4 a.m., wearing only underwear and boots.

In addition to the assault allegation, TMZ reported that police dispatchers had also received calls suggesting a possible overdose. However, the LAPD spokesperson said they could not confirm whether such calls were directly linked to the incident. As of now, there has been no official statement from Lil Nas X’s representatives, and requests for comment have gone unanswered.

The reports have left fans stunned, given the star’s rapid rise in the music industry. Lil Nas X first broke out in 2019 with “Old Town Road,” a record-breaking single that became a cultural phenomenon. In 2021, he released his debut album Montero, which earned a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year. Since then, he has continued to build a reputation for blending pop, rap, and provocative visuals, releasing songs such as “Light Again!” and “Hotbox,” as well as his 2024 EP Days Before Dreamboy.

This is not the first time the rapper has been linked to health concerns. Back in April, Lil Nas X posted a video from a hospital bed, telling fans he was dealing with facial paralysis. At the time, he reassured his followers with his signature humor, writing, “Guys I am OK!! Stop being sad for me! Shake Ur ass for me instead!”

The latest incident raises serious questions about the star’s well-being. While it remains unclear whether substance use or a medical episode played a role, his hospitalization ensures that his condition will be closely monitored before any legal proceedings take place.

For now, fans and the entertainment industry alike are waiting for further updates on both his health and the potential charges. Until an official statement is released, speculation continues to swirl around one of music’s most talked-about figures — and what this means for the future of his career.

Related Posts

Our Privacy policy

https://btuatu.com - © 2025 News